Friday, May 22, 2009

INKSPIRATIONS INSPIRATION CHALLENGE #7





Good evening folks ......I hope that you all have had a really great week  I know that I have. Have I ever mentioned that  I love the cold!!!! We have snow on the mountain and its been sooooo cold and I LOVE IT!!! I wish that it actually would snow in my backyard but living so close to the beach I am not sure if it will.
The challenge this week was so much fun I really enjoyed working with these colours and Inspirational photo :).
Now I know that the bedspread is more of a pinky red colour (rose red)  but... I am in love with Riding Hood Red at the moment and had to use it.
The other colours that I brought into the card were Baja Breeze, Pink Pirouette and Certainly Celery.
Stamps sets used were level one hostess stamp set " Live Like You Mean It" the little butterfly was out of the set "Garden Whimsy".
I paper tolled out the butterfly making the wings look real and sewed some coordinating Designer Buttons (bouquet) as part of the flowers,
Well that's about it I am out tonight at a pot luck tea, looking forward to seeing every ones challenge cards this week :) 
Make sure that you check out the other design team entries by clicking here which will take you to keesh's wonderful blog,
Have a great night,
Amy
Recipe
Stamps                 Live like you mean it, Garden whimsy
DSP                     Sweet Slumber Specialty
Cardstock             Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze,Riding Hood Red ,Certainly Celery
Emb                     Pink Pirouette striped ribbon, RH/Red taffeta ribbon,Designer Buttons Bouquet

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just simply stunning Amy! I love it. When completing mine I was thinking the butterfly from Garden Whimsy would be perfect. Well Done!!

Lisa Green said...

Wowawowwowwow! Love your creations, didn't like that stampset AT ALL until now! You are so nifty at your designs!

Holly's Stampin Ground said...

Hi Amy - gorgeous card - congrats on making it into the design team - you so deserve it - your creations are absolutely devine!!!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Gorgeous, love the raised butterfly and the colours are fabulous. TFS
Kristy

Karen said...

Amy - this is simply gorgeous!! I absolutely love it! I went with Riding hood red too! lol

Another great card this week chick!

Karen
xo

Debbie Pamment said...

Beautiful card for the challenge - you DT girls are certainly giving us some fabulous inspiration!!
xXx

Cindy Major said...

This card is fabulous! I love the colours you picked (Baja Breeze was a nice choice!), the delicate flowers and the touch of buttons. Now I almost wish I hadn't given this hostess stamp set away... (especially without ever even inking it first!)

Have a great weekend!
Cindy

P.S. I think it's funny that you are hoping for snow and cold - we are desperately wishing for the summer sun to get out here!

Liz Walker said...

Love this card ... gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Now I must confess that the two stamp sets you've used do absolutely nothing for me, but you've just make this work for me!!! Clever girl!! Great inspiration card.

Elise said...

LOVE IT!!!!!

Fiona Harrison said...

Beautiful card, perfect take on the design challenge

Jean McKenzie said...

Amy, I love your card! It is just so very pretty and using those two ribbons together worked very well! I will have to have second thoughts about that hostess set now I have seen it used so nicely!

Anonymous said...

Wholy crap Amy, this is outstanding! Seriously, this is one of my fave's of the week! Great job on the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Amy Beautiful card!! so pretty and very much like the photo great take on the challenge.

Kathryn Mangelsdorf said...

Hi Amy,
That's one beautiful card.

kareN stampZ said...

so stunning - what a great challenge may have to play

steph said...

Just gorgeous Amy, I may just have to earn that stamp set now!!
Steph X

Christine Blain said...

Whoa, this is BEAUTIFUL, Amy. Have to say that stamp set didn't appeal to me at all, but what you've created is gorgeous (might just have to add it to my loooong list!).

Tracey Old said...

Hey beastie, love, love, love your card. I will have to give this challenge a go. Talk to you again soon.lol.

Scrapin Mel said...

These are gorgeous Amy...... Love the colour combos too

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Ooooh ... love this one! Simple, elegant ... but so pretty, too! I must get my Garden Whimsy out again soon! But ... love the combination of images!

Glad you liked my profile of your blog on my blog!

Kellie said...

WOW this is just stunning! Such a sweet beautiful card.
Kel

Blog Widget by LinkWithin